The Vision – Our Future
The Mission – Our Role
The Alberta Council of Technologies advocates on behalf of Alberta’s technology-based enterprises, entrepreneurs, and industries for the creation of wealth in Alberta.
Principles - Instruments of Action
- Representation - The Council will represent and promote the common interests, and consider the special interests of its members.
- Membership - Council membership will be individual, inclusive and not constrained by their capacity to afford membership.
- Chapters - The Council will encourage and support the formation of local Councils for supporting local interests, member education and development, and providing networking opportunities.
- Affiliations - The Council will forge and establish affiliations world-wide with organizations that have common interests to those of the Council.
- Financing - The Council will seek financing that does not compromise or conflict with the Council’s advocacy role.
- Board of Directors - The Board of Directors for the Alberta Council shall be comprised of interests and talents appropriate for executing resolutions derived in consultation with its members.
- Congress - The Board will conduct a Congress for its members for electing the Directors of the Council and establishing resolutions for guiding the Board’s policies and direction.
- Accountability - The Board is accountable to its members for Councilr resources and will set directions that are explicit and measurable and will prepare an annual report. Results!!
What we will do…
- Leadership - Provide leadership for attracting active, committed and involved Council members across Alberta.
- Enterprise - Stimulate an understanding of risk and reward for encouraging entrepreneurs And their enterprises to prosper in Alberta.
- Resourcing - Secure talent and financing for sustaining the activities of the Council.
- Communications - Solicit input from Council members for formulating policy and direction.
- Creating Wealth - Publicize the capability of Council members for creating prosperity
- Business Environment - Stimulate a vibrant milieu where competitive and accessible sources of investment financing, strong management talent, and world class ideas come together for supporting the formation of early-stage, start-up companies.
- Partnering - Help Alberta companies partner with research enterprises for commercializing intellectual property.
- Regulations - Advocate for tax regimes and government regulations that are fair and necessary for encouraging the application of Alberta-based technologies.
- Marketing - Expedite the formation of commercial markets and supports for Alberta technologies.
- Celebration - Celebrate the unique qualities, challenges and rewards of being a technology-based business.